Friday, January 23, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake...



…but make them bake it first!

Back up with me a bit. Soon after Mr. Bruschetta and I were engaged, I found a gift idea in a magazine that turned out to be the perfect way to assemble my half of the wedding party. Nearly six months after I bookmarked it, with a newly-minted DIY spirit (and some crafting goodies to boost my confidence), I set to work on my first wedding-related project.

I wasn't feeling too skilled -- I'd only recently discovered Weddingbee! -- but knew I wanted to create a card that incorporated a food pun and our wedding colors. Using my brand-new Cuttlebug, I punched out each letter, and affixed them to the cards.




To accompany each card, I followed a recipe for a cake-in-a-jar: all the necessary dry ingredients, layered into a reusable glass jar. (Mocha chip for the bridesmaids; pineapple spice for MOH Sister Bruschetta.)




Lastly, I tied on the cards, with the recipe for the cake affixed to the front of the envelopes.



What's that? You'd like to get a bit closer to check out the recipes? Sure thing!






I loved presenting each cake-in-a-jar to my girls. Each “ask” began disguised as a dinner to catch up – and one even turned into a double date sleepover! All happily agreed to join me along the altar in August.

Did you use a creative method of "proposing" to your bridal party?

No comments:

Post a Comment