Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cold Hands, Warm Hearts

I love my friends.

They comfort me and allay my bridal guilt.

They come out at night to try on bridesmaid dresses when its 17 degrees out (but feels like 10).

They easily agree on the same Amsale bridesmaid dress, and with orders placed, we're able to cross another item off the to-do list.

I think that deserves a little recognition, don't you?

With an evening appointment at the salon, I knew we wouldn't have time for dinner before or after. But, I wanted a way to show my gratitude to the girls, and give them a (hopefully!) fond memory of the evening -- especially since it was the first time a few of them met!


Enter Crafty Miss Bruschetta. The resulting warm fuzzies came into being after many (many!) trips for supplies, and way too many needle pricks -- because hey, I'm still new at this.


Continuing to hammer home the color theme, I made each girl a puffy heart (ornament? I guess that's what I intended them to be). On each, I included a smaller heart of tulle; however, I made the size of tulle heart reflective of the time I've known each girl. Largest for Sister Bruschetta, and decreasing in size from there -- but still very cute.



And, not to be left out of the party, I created a bridal-y one for myself!


I wanted some cute packaging for the hearts, and found perfectly-sized black take-out cartons. After some hastily-made yarn pom-poms (to identify whose is in which box), I stepped back to admire my handiwork!


Our appointment was quick and efficient -- five gowns in the running, and an hour later, with the winner selected and each girl measured, there was time for a group shot before we headed out into the frigid (frigid!) February night.


(Yup, I'm absent in this one because I'm behind the camera -- the full group shot [taken by a bridal salon associate] was blurry, because my camera stinks.)

Was picking your bridesmaid attire an easy process? And what do you think about black dresses during the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment