Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dehydrated And Delicious

In an effort to save money and eat well, I bring my lunch to work each day. It usually doesn't vary much -- PB & J on wheat bread, an apple, yogurt, baby carrots -- and allows me to "graze" throughout the day, eating parts of what I packed as I feel hungry.

But it can get boring. A dull lunch leads to cravings, and cravings lead to sweets...and then portion control and calorie counting fly out the window!

Since I've been (admittedly) slacking on my gym workouts recently, and will begin wedding dress alterations in less than a month, making the right food choices is important. When I get the nibbles, I've been reaching for one of two healthy snacks.

1) Golden Raisins


(source)

What's not to love? Sweet, delicate flavor -- just watch out for little bits of leaves and twigs that occasionally get caught in the packaging.

2) Snapea Crisps



Mr. Bruschetta turned me on to these. "Dehydrated snow pea" doesn't sound like the most appetizing option out there, but it turns out Mrs. Snow Pea's parched stand-in is delicious -- and, for 150 calories, you can have 22 pieces.

What are your go-to healthy (but also tasty!) snacks?

1 comment:

  1. I'm on the lookout for more healthy snacks. Not a huge fan of regular raisins, but maybe I should give these golden ones a try!

    ReplyDelete