Monday, July 27, 2009

Freshly-Squeezed Rehearsal Dinner Invitations

After seeing her work in several of Miss Cowboy Boot's posts -- and on Wedding PRO -- I eagerly reached out to Sarah Parrott hoping she could create our rehearsal dinner invitations.

I loved the crisp, clean, monochromatic style Sarah had used for her sister's bridal shower invitations, and envisioned capturing this same look and feel with a Gocco design featuring one of our main wedding colors in combination with summer produce like oranges, peaches, grapes or plums.



Sarah was cheery and responsive, and quickly churned out a series of proofs. She willingly tweaked the style to be a little less "natural" (think fruit on the vine) and a bit more culinary. And she arranged the content in three sizes -- 5" x 7" (A7), 3-7/8" x 9-1/4" (tea length) and 5.5" x 5.5" -- since I'd mentioned I wanted to set these apart from the pieces in our wedding invitation suite (which I'll reveal soon, I promise!).

I love the final design -- which includes the outer envelope flap return address printed in purple. It completely captures the slightly romantic, decidedly summery mood I had in mind -- and totally makes me crave something citrusy every time I look at it! (Photos courtesy of Sarah Parrott.)







Did you DIY (or like me, DISE) rehearsal dinner invitations that incorporate your wedding colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment