Monday, February 9, 2009

Dizzying Day

For at least the last 10 years, when I've caught a cold, it's obligingly followed the same formula: fatigue, sore throat, nasal congestion and a lingering cough to finish it off.

Most of my recent illnesses have fallen closely on the heels of a renewed interest in weightlifting at the gym; what I perceive as "good" soreness (or, DOMs) turns out to be the start of a cold (what an unfair trick to play on me!). I'm not sure who or what is to blame this time: the germ-infested gym, or coughing colleagues, or something else not on my radar.

Further complicating matters, the cold that came to call today has sought to be unique, and therefore decided to acquaint itself with my (by and large controlled) asthma. Result? A sleepless night, since it's a challenge to get any rest when you can barely breathe. And a reintroduction to my inhalers.





It's most likely the placebo effect, since I'm sure the inhalers have been expired for at least two years. But I puff, breathe quickly, deeply and the dizzying feeling starts to dissipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment