Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fragrant Philadelphia

In early March, a nor'easter blew through the region, and Mr. Bruschetta seized our surprise snow day and sought springtime -- at the 2009 Philadelphia Flower Show!

I was bee-side myself at the opportunity to turn an otherwise mundane Monday into a date with the mister.

Every inch of the Convention Center embraced this year's theme, Bella Italia -- a celebration of Italy's gardens, cuisine, fashion and entertainment.



I snapped quite a few bees adorning the exhibits -- see if you can spot them!

It was impossible to feel stressed -- even with a seemingly endless wedding to-do list -- with displays like this floral spa retreat. See the shower? The "water" are blossoms that appear to float in thin air.



Always with a foodie frame of mind, Mr. Bruschetta and I positively drooled over one of the outdoor kitchen set-ups.


Although I used the afternoon as a respite from wedding planning, I couldn't help but notice the floral inspirations all around me.





One of my favorite exhibits captured the essence of Milan in fashion-forward, floral frocks...and petal-adorned shoes.






Displays also featured flowers masquerading as accessories and food.



And green-thumb enthusiasts proudly displayed prize-winning plants.



Flowers not really your thing? We found impressive displays of succulents, herbs...and even landscaping!



We dawdled over our favorite exhibits until evening. With one foot out the door, I spotted a final touch that made me grin...


Where have you found floral inspiration?

1 comment: