Thursday, March 5, 2009

Today's Special: Miss Bee-ruschetta!

Greetings, hive!

I'm elated to join Weddingbee as Miss Bruschetta! For the past year, I've been an actively-buzzing member of this community, following each bee as she plans, marries and recaps. Truthfully, I was on-again, off-again about applying, and even started my blog intending to make it food focused. When I struggled to find the time to cook to my heart's content, though, wedding plans found their way into my posts, and soon, I was hooked. I'm so excited to follow in the bee-prints of the other Philly blogger brides, and hope to show how much (and what in particular) I love about the City of Brotherly Love.

I enjoy playing with words as much as I enjoy playing with food. When I'm at my most extroverted, you're lucky if you can get a word in edgewise. And I've found my perfect match in Mr. Bruschetta, who similarly enjoys epicurean endeavors and witty wordplay. At times, we're so alike its uncanny -- but we're also opposites in many respects. I'm normally the talker, worrier and writer, while Mr. Brushcetta happily assumes the complement to each of these qualities.

Mr. Bruschetta's also a task-oriented groom, who's helping me keep it together now that we've started our six-month countdown. Although we've made nearly all our big decisions, I'm still watching our wedding take shape as the little details fall into place. I'm not a seasoned crafter, but I'll give anything a try -- especially when there are so many great sources of inspiration out there!

Miss Bruschetta seemed a most appropriate moniker. I love savoring a glass of wine, cooking my pasta until it's just al dente, topping it with homemade gravy -- and I know all the best spots for tiramisu, gelato and cannoli. I may only be one-half Italian, but I fully embrace the culture and cuisine of the country from which my maternal grandparents emigrated. And although I'm masquerading as a Philly bee, I'm technically a Jersey girl (who loves fresh tomatoes) living a quick commute away from all the urban excitement!

I'm so looking forward to sharing my plans -- and passions -- with you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness YOU are Miss B? How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) It is! I can't wait to buzz into the hive tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, and welcome to Club WB. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks Ellie! I can't wait to send out our save the dates -- which carry the Whisked Away URL -- so people can see the amazing blog design!

    ReplyDelete