Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Can't Bee-lieve It!

Writing does funny things to me. It simultaneously relaxes and energizes me. It connects me to others, but also makes me feel like I'm in my own little world.

And blogging? Well, I've learned that's like the absinthe of creative expression (without the whole "hazardous to health" part): colorful and potent, with unpredictable side effects.

See, once this little blog started getting off the ground, I realized I'd been bitten -- or, I guess more accurately, stung. And even though I had no intention of doing so when I started Whisked Away, I decided to apply for a position as a featured blogger on Weddingbee.

I may fancy myself a magpie, but I was fully unprepared -- rendered temporarily speechless! -- when I read a Weddingbee acceptance email Monday morning. With work closed due to snow, this news was truly the cherry on top of my already sugary sweet day!


Many of my Whisked Away musings will appear over on Weddingbee, and in future posts, Chris and I will be stepping into our new aliases: Mr. and Miss Bruschetta. Come on over, and check it out!

3 comments:

  1. yay! congrats! I've been reading your blog and I'm so excited for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just stumbled across your blog today. So happy to have you as a fellow bee!

    ReplyDelete