Monday, April 27, 2009

Envious

My most recent shoe find has nearly all the attributes of my ideal wedding footwear: They're peep toe slingbacks, with a not-too-high (and not-too-short) heel. After first spotting these seemingly perfect shoes at the newly-opened South Jersey Nordstrom, I also learned they're oh-so comfortable, and not priced out of my budget.

There's only one thing keeping me from snapping up them up and ending my shoe search.



They're not just green, they're GREEN. And the only other available color? Black.

I've entertained the idea of bold, bright reception shoes, but if I decide to go that route, I'll be looking for wedges that incorporate one of our main wedding colors -- orange or purple. And for our formal pictures and church ceremony, I definitely want any part of the shoes peeping out from below my gown to be a neutral shade -- ivory, silver, champagne, or something similar.

So my practically perfect shoes are staying at Nordstrom, and I'm fighting off the green-eyed monster -- wishing these amazing lime heels fit my wedding style, and jealous of the bride who could easily integrate them into her day.

I did manage to snap up another clearance rack pair from DSW, but honestly, they're not the least bit comfortable, and I purchased them mainly to feel better about my failed shopping outing -- and fully intending on returning them once I had finalized my footwear.



Stay tuned for the rest of this frustrating shoe situation. (Here's a preview: There's a happy ending!)

Are you a colored- or a neutral-shoe bride?

No comments:

Post a Comment