Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Second Helping

After we found and finalized the bridesmaid dresses, I remember thinking (somewhat wistfully), "Huh. Well, that was easy." Don't get me wrong. Easy is great. I love easy. But, I also enjoyed the brief time we spent perusing the racks and having my girls try on dresses of floaty tissue taffeta and supple silk.

Then, Mer, Tiff and Sherry -- the three additions to the Bruschetta wedding (henceforth referred to as the Bruschetta bridal attendants...unless you've got some more suggestions for me!) -- decided they'd like to wear matching dresses. So, I'm starting the bridesmaid dress search anew, and I could really use some help from the hive!

I'd prefer this new dress (because yes, we all want another look for these girls) also be knee-length and in a similar fabric to the tissue taffeta Amsales. (So chiffon and satin dresses, while lovely, won't work.) Color? I'd still like neutral -- maybe black, but I'm open to dark grey or deep purple as well. I'm looking for something that coordinates well with the bridesmaid dress, too. (Here's a look at the Amsale the Bruschetta 'maids all loved as much as I do!)

(source)

And I'd like to keep the cost as close to under $200 as possible. (We'll hopefully manage this by either placing the order from the salon where I ordered my gown [discount!], or purchasing them from another local dress shop that I know grants a percentage off for multiple bridesmaid dress orders.)

Using this criteria, here are the current favorites...

  • Dress #1: A simple (but still striking!) halter-style from Amsale
  • Dress #2: Sweetheart, shirring and strapless from Alvina Valenta

(source)

  • Dress #3: Yummy folds of fabric from Lazaro

(source)

The girls will, of course, have input in this decision. And how the dresses fit will also help determine the winner. But, I'd love to get some say from the hive as well.

Which is your favorite? And, if you have any suggestions of other designs, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment