Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wedding Foodtography

For the past few weeks, I've been whittling down the enormous number of inspiration pictures that have found their way onto my computer over the course of our engagement. I recently touched base with our photographer -- I'm still in disbelief that it's time to reconnect with our vendors to finalize plans (we've had some of these pros booked since early 2008!) -- and mentioned I'd love to show some of my favorites to her, so she can understand the "vision" I have for our wedding day. I also made sure to communicate that the photos I was sharing are by no means pictures I want to copy pose-for-pose; they're just really unique, striking images that have me thinking how we can get creative on the wedding day!

Well, Cindy is awesome, and encouraged me to send along as many as I wanted -- and to keep the pictures coming as our wedding approaches, so she can let these ideas "marinate." (Her word choice, not mine -- though it's definitely appropriate for our wedding!) So when I shared my Picasa album, I included some shots to get Cindy thinking about how to feature one of the most important elements of our cocktail hour and reception -- the food.










Since Cindy will be working with a second shooter, we're hoping our duo will be able to not only capture great candid moments featuring our family and friends, but also vibrant shots showcasing our caterer's tantalizingly delicious dishes from the first hors d'oeuvres to the last piece of cake.

I also follow foodgawker to gather recipes and savor pictures that look good enough to eat. (Can you blame me?)

Are you planning on having your photographer devote some time and attention to foodtography?

No comments:

Post a Comment