Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thanking the PPC


(source)

Yesterday, my coworkers "surprised" me with a wedding shower. My supervisor had asked me last week to block off Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. for a meeting, and was extremely evasive when I inquired about specifics. So I was already suspicious as he led me down the (uncharacteristically quiet) hall. When he started pushing open the conference room door, I heard giggles and shushing...and realized I was dreading this little party!

In the almost two years I've worked in this office, the unofficial party planning committee has pulled together nearly a dozen baby showers -- but not a single wedding-related soiree, as I was the only engaged employee.

I didn't quite know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised with several gifts...








(All images from Bed Bath & Beyond.)

...as well as a very cute recipe book (of which I forgot to take a picture, sorry!) filled with my coworkers' favorite dishes. There was also a very impressive spread, and many of my associates had whipped up the recipe they also were sharing as part of the joint shower gift. Again, I lack pictures, because none of my colleagues know about my blogging, and I would've felt even more uncomfortable whipping out my camera to grab a shot of the goodies.

Anyway, I'm wondering now what the proper way is to thank this large group -- there are 45+ people in my office. (I noticed, as I was finishing this post, that Weddingbee reader hellopanda posted a thread on the boards pondering how to express her gratitude for a similar work party. Great minds, huh?) I'm also on a bit of a time crunch, as our entire office will be participating in a retreat from Monday afternoon through all day Tuesday -- which will be my last two days at work before the wedding.

I've already sent out an email to everyone in the office, but am wondering what else -- if anything -- I should do to thank my colleagues for their time and generosity? Did your coworkers plan any pre-wedding festivities for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment