Thursday, April 23, 2009

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Ever since Mrs. Kitten posted about the much-loved aqua and poppy color combination, I've had a hankering to play with these shades.



So, while the biscotti baked, I set to work on the labels and packaging I'd planned out.




To make these, your DIY stash should include:
  • colored card stock -- I opted for red, dipping into my supply of "bold brights" purchased from Stampin' Up!
  • treat name circles -- I created mine using Microsoft Word (because I'll be the first to admit this little hors d'oeuvres isn't very computer savvy). Feel free to borrow my design! (Click here for the PDF.)
  • thin colored ribbon -- I used satin-y ribbon (in light blue, of course!)
  • ribbon stitch hole punch
  • 1-1/2 inch scalloped circle nesting punch
  • 1-3/8 inch circle nesting punch
  • clear treat bags (not pictured above) -- I used 4 x 6 inch ones
  • glue stick
And here's the step-by-step:

1. Use the scallop punch to create card stock circles.



2. Identify a "top" to the scallop circle, and punch near this point with the ribbon stitch punch.



3. Carefully line the circle punch up around the dotted borders of the treat name circles, and punch them out.



4. Cut a length of ribbon, and thread through the slots on the scalloped circle, then glue the treat name circle on top.






5. Fill your treat bags with the mini biscotti (I found two fit best in each), and tie on the tag, cinching the top of the bag with a tight bow.



6. Try not to tear into your neatly-packaged goodies, so you have plenty to share with your friends, guests...or fellow bees!




(Hey look! It's me, Mrs. Cupcake, Mrs. Sushi and Mrs. Candy Corn hamming it up -- Mr. Candy Corn's our photographer -- after the Philly Meet Up!)


What tips do you have for creating cute edible favors?

No comments:

Post a Comment